If you have been following me on Instagram, you’ll know that I just finished a gruelling 10 day sugar detox.
Naturally, after 10 days without sugar, I had to bake some healthy muffins!
It was a risky experiment with lots of delicious whole food ingredients on the line, but I’m happy to announce that no foods were harmed during this production 😉
So without further adieu, the recipe:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- handful of chocolate chips
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup soft butter (ideally grass-fed, organic) or ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Combine all dry ingredients & wet ingredients separately
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes (with natural parchment muffin cups)
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes (torture)
- Try not to eat them all at once!