As moms, one of the things we struggle with the most is having something quick, healthy and filling to eat as we go about our days, taking care of everyone and everything.
These protein balls are fast, delicious, and super nutrient dense. They are great for a pre or post workout snack, or just an anytime snack – great to grab on the run!
They are full of protein and fat, and have no gluten, dairy, or refined sugar!
They are simple. Here is what you’ll need:
- Food Processor
- 3-4 cups Mixed nuts and seeds – mix it up every time! I used Almonds, walnuts, cashews, and sesame seeds.
- 5 Dates (pitted)
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 scoops chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Shredded coconut (for coating)
- Put everything but the almond milk and shredded coconut in the food processor to blend
- Start to add almond milk in slowly until you get a nice thick doughy consistency
- Take a handfull, roll it into a ball, and then roll it onto some shredded coconut
- Freeze them, and take one out about an hour before eating it, or keep a few in the fridge at a time
Here is a video demo for you to see just how easy these are to make!