I have this conversation a lot with clients. It’s not that we have to deprive ourselves of the treats that we love. We just need to find healthier alternatives so that our body recognizes all the ingredients that we put in, and enjoy them in moderations. Sticking to whole foods is the best way to maintain health.
[bctt tweet=”sticking to whole foods is the best way to maintain health” username=”@stephsibbio”]
This recipe is 5 ingredients and although it’s still a treat, it has some therapeutic properties in it!
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (1 bag) or 1-2 dark chocolate bars (for less sweetness)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 1 tsp Bee Powered by Beekeepers Naturals (can also substitute any other honey – but this stuff is golden and super health promoting!)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (for texture)
- using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil
- pour a small amount of chocolate at the base of 24 mini cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- freeze for 15 minutes
- mix almond butter, bee powered (or honey) and coconut flour (you may have to play around with the amounts to find a taste and consistency that you like)
- roll mixture into small balls, and gently press the balls onto the frozen chocolate base
- freeze for 5 minutes
- top the almond buttercups with the remainder of the melted chocolate so that the almond butter filling is fully covered
- Freeze for 15 minutes and store
This recipe is anti-inflammatory (coconut), immune boosting (bee powered) and rich in healthy fats to help stabilize the blood sugar!
Note: Although these are healthier alternatives to regular peanut butter cups, they are still high in sugar and should be enjoyed in moderation!