This delicious recipe is a maple glazed salmon with a side of steamed broccoli. It takes about 15 minutes including prep time to make and is super light, but packed with nutrients.
Some facts about broccoli:
- it’s a prebiotic, meaning that it creates an ideal environment for probiotics to feed off of (if you are not currently taking a good probiotic supplement, I highly suggest it)
- It has more calcium than milk
- It’s high in vitamins A and C
- It’s high in Fibre
And onto the recipe…
- salmon fillets
- head of broccoli
- maple syrup
- worcestershire sauce
- wheat free tamari
- stone ground mustard
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- break off broccoli heads, wash them and put them on the stove to start steaming
- mince garlic and mix in the sauces to taste – maple syrup, tamari, mustard and worcestershire
- brush the sauce over the salmon on a pan over parchment paper (ideally it sits to marinate but in the case that you don’t have time, just brush it on before you bake it)
- Bake for 5 minutes at 375, and then switch the oven to broil for 5 minutes on high. This should leave a little bit of pink in the salmon which is (in my opinion) the only way to eat salmon fillets!
Done like dinna!