I bought a huge cod fillet to make 4 servings.
- Place cod on a baking dish on top of parchment paper
- Salt and pepper both sides, rub it in, and set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a pan, melt some coconut oil and add some minced garlic
- In a bowl, mix turmeric, paprika, cayenne pepper, a little bit of wheat free tamari, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard and tabasco sauce and then mix into the coconut oil
- Brush the sauce over the whole fillet, both sides
- Cook for 20 minutes
Steamed Kale Salad
- De-stem and wash kale, place in a steamer and leave it for about 5 minutes or until the kale is bright green
- Once cooked, chop the kale into smaller pieces and place into a large bowl
- Add olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, some wheat free tamari and a packet of stevia for a little sweetness if you like (hint – stevia does not raise the blood sugar and comes from a leaf so it’s the best sweetener to use)
- Mix and serve!
Cod is rich in phosphorus and calcium for healthy bones and selenium (a key antioxidant)
Kale is a famous superfood for good reason! It is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients (substances in plants other than vitamins and minerals that provide specific health benefits)