Take a look at this article for a closer look at cereals and their processing.
Bahhh! You get my point. Cereal is garbage and a terrible way to start your day or your child’s day. They will be hungry in an hour, start disrupting the class, and then be diagnosed with ADHD! Okay, I’m a tad cynical today.. annnd on any day of the week that ends in Y…
Not to worry! I’m not just full of complaints. I have a solution!
Here is my healthy cereal alternative for those days when you just want a bowl of cereal!
- unsweetened almond milk
- cinnamon (~1tsp) *blood sugar stabilizer
- Maca powder (1tsp) *great libido booster 😀
- Whole flax seeds (1 tbsp) *essential fatty acids (omega 3) and fibre
- 1 scoop of protein powder for added protein – the powder in the pic is a meal replacement powder by Garden of Life, so there is tons of good stuff in it including fibre and greens
- Hemp seeds (~1 tbsp) *protein
- coconut flakes (handful) *good fats
- chia seeds (~1 tbsp) *fibre and calcium
- goji berries (handful) *antioxidant
- quinoa puffs (1/3 cup) *good source of gluten free whole grains
*put as much or as little as you want of each ingredient to taste
From one cereal lover to another, you’re welcome 🙂